Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

KITE flying in Ollantaytambo

BLOG authors and photographers: Max and Lily

Today after a hard morning of work building, we went to the stadium to fly kites.  There was a great showing, as expected from the feedback and enthusiasm we had received from our previous activities.  All of the kids lined up, screaming and shouting as they waited to receive their kites.  After each of the kids assembled their kites it was time to fly.  The wind made for perfect flying conditions, and Mr. Das provided the best instruction you could find, helping get the majority of the kites off the ground. The sky slowly filled with the bright objects, gliding side by side with the sweeping mountain views.  This was the first time flying a kite for some of us as well, so we matched their excitement as we saw our own hard work pay off, and lift high into the air.  Though some of us related a little too much to Charlie Brown, we all enjoyed the day thoroughly. The kids all left with a kite in hand and a smile on their face. 
                The fun was not nearly over, as that night some of us took part in a Fiesta.  This fiesta was a nine year old birthday party.  Brittany’s host sister was delighted to have us there as we danced the night away.  People came in off the streets to eat the delicious food and soak in the ambiance. After this night of fun and dancing, we went back to bed to rest up for tomorrows hike.

Hi mummy, daddy, and Georgia,
I can’t believe how fast this trip is going, and I can’t wait to see you all when I get home. But I am having an amazing time, doing things I never thought I could do, like hike up a mountain for nine hours (yes I actually made it), and eat more adventurously than I ever have in my whole life. I miss you all so much and I hope Georgia is having a good time in Cali, finally living the dream of surfing.
Miss you and love you so much!
Lily

Hey to the Gomez Clan,
I miss you so much, but even so I am surprised at how fast the trip is going by.  My Spanish Family is so awesome, and I’m doing some awesome stuff.  An alpaca spit at me, but it missed, and then I had alpaca meet for lunch (lol revenge).  Cannot wait for Nantucket.
Love,

                Max





Johny with his siblings

Max with the family

Getting ready for kites

Max flying with new friend


Sam with Kuska student

Let's fly a kite

Leader showing us how it's done

Matt getting ready to take off

Good job Danny!











2 comments:

  1. Max I love that picture of you and your family! Can't wait for ACK. Miss you! xoxox Livy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max, your Peruvian brothers and sister are adorable! I wish I could meet them. Well done showing those alpacas who's boss. We are counting the days to hug you and hear about EVERYTHING. xo mom

    ReplyDelete